What are alternate schedules?
As we recover from the pandemic, Metra trains are operating on alternate schedules that we will update regularly to meet increasing demand. For the latest schedules, click on the links below. Saturday service on the SouthWest Service is suspended until further notice.
Alternate schedules are normally implemented when weather conditions or serious service disruptions do not allow for operation of regularly scheduled service. Public notice of the implementation of these alternative schedules will be posted on this website and distributed to major media outlets.
Due to midday/late night track maintenance, certain trains may be delayed 5 to 10 minutes to get through work zones. For details on upcoming construction projects, please click here.
For Metra's new Train Tracker, click here.
- The 147th St./Sibley Blvd. Station is closed for reconstruction. Please use the Ivanhoe Station at 144th or the Harvey Station at 154th as alternatives. For more information, click here.
- The 79th St./Chatham Station is closed for reconstruction. Please use 75th Street or 83rd Street stations as alternatives. For more information click here.
- the 103rd St/ Rosemoor Station is closed for reconstruction. Please use 107th St. or 95th St. as alternatives. For more information, click here.
- Metra Electric Chicago Bears Service (Regular Season)
- Train 2221 will board from the island platform (center track) from Western Ave. until further notice. This is an update from the printed folded timetables.
- Train 28 will board from platform 2 (the platform opposite station side) from La Fox until further notice. This is an update from the printed folded timetables.